MSH International - Americas, formerly known as Norfolk Mobility Benefits, is a leading worldwide provider of expatriate insurance solutions. We are proud of our successes in developing cost-effective plans to meet the specific needs of our clients.
MSH is a subsidiary of Paris-based Mobility Saint-Honore, a member of the Siaci Saint Honore Group. MSH is one of the largest and most comprehensive suppliers of expatriate insurance services in the world with more than 160,000 insured participants. Click here to visit their web site.
Since 1980, MSH International - Americas has been building partnerships with companies around the world by providing exceptional service and expertise in benefits consulting program design and administration.
Whether your operations are cross-border or truly international, and whether you're looking for a program design or complete outsourcing service, we bring a well-informed, global perspective and creative problem solving techniques to your doorstep. Our goal is to work with you to develop flexible, cost-effective programs and services that make sense for your company and your employees.
Why does my organization need Expatriate Group Benefits?
If your company or organization has expatriate employees (employees physically residing outside their country of nationality for more than 6 months out of the year), we encourage you to review your current health insurance policy. There are key contractual clauses that limit the amount of time an employee can reside abroad and still receive appropriate levels of care. For expatriates and long-term travelers, these clauses, and other problems unique to expatriates, create serious coverage problems.
- Residency Clause - The primary function of a residency clause is to ensure people live in the state where the policy was purchased. For groups, this clause will stipulate that the member reside within the U.S. at least 6 months out of the year. If the residency clause is violated, then coverage is automatically void for that employee and dependents.
- Coverage Outside the U.S. – The majority of U.S. health plans offer emergency care only when outside the U.S. Also, most U.S. health carriers are not able to assist with claims or services when the employee is outside the U.S. The employee is responsible to arrange for care, pay claims, handle emergencies and then submit claims back to the U.S. carrier for reimbursement later.
- Self Insured Coverage - In the case of self-insured plans the Residency and Out-of-U.S. coverage may not apply. However, there are other considerations that you may want to consider. For example:
- Can international claims be effectively managed from the U.S.?
- What sort of medical evacuation and assistance are in place?
- How will expatriate employees find and access quality medical care?
Many self-insured groups utilize an international health plan to protect and manage their global employees. When in the U.S. the employee reverts back to the self-insured plan. This provides a tremendous premium savings yet gives the employees the proper insurance, services and support they require while overseas.
The purpose of purchasing an expatriate medical plan is to avoid placing the burden of care on the member. It provides parity of coverage for those who take overseas assignments and the services and support needed to ensure their well being.
Benefits Summary - Small Group Trust Plan
Norfolk Mobility Benefit's NMET plan is a trust program designed for small expatriate groups of 3 to 10 eligible employees. NMET has 2 comprehensive level of medical benefits comprised of Option 1 and Option 2. Option 1 has a $0 deductible and Option 2 has a $500 deductible. Each plan pays 100% of most eligible charges after the deductible. Your expatriate employees can choose between seeking care in the country of assignment or anywhere in the world including the United States. Dependents of expatriate employees are also eligible.
Global Benefits can create an appropriate solution to meet your organization's expatriate benefit needs. If you have more than 10 employees that require international medical insurance then Global Benefits and Norfolk Mobility Benefit can work together to create a custom plan for your unique requirements. We would be happy to discuss your specific needs with you. Contact Global Benefits
Unique Plan Features
Coverage is available worldwide including the United States.
Complete Expatriate Employee Benefits
Many international expatriate insurance plans offer limited choice of benefits – typically medical and dental only. The NMET plan has a complement of optional benefits including: 2 Dental Plan Options, Life/AD&D, Evacuation/Repatriation and both Short Term & Long Term Disability insurance.
No Medical Underwriting - 5 or more employees
Qualifying expatriate groups of 5 or more employees will not have to submit to medical underwriting. This ensures that your organization can move forward with the employees you want overseas. Note that there are other underwriting standards that apply, such as country of assignment and nature of work. Groups of 2-4 employees are subject to underwriting approval.
If your company requires coverage not found with the NMET please contact us. We can work with Norfolk Mobility Benefits to create a completely customized program.
Plan Design Options
The NMET is available in two different plan choices – Option 1 & Option 2. The only difference between these plans is the deductible level.
NMET offers one of the widest selections of optional benefits available to small expatriate groups. For a summary of these optional benefits, please review NMET Plan Option 1
and NMET Plan Option 2
Optional Benefits include:
NMET offers two levels of dental coverage. All levels include coverage for Preventative Services, Basic Services and Major Services. Orthodontia is also included in Dental Option 1.
NMET will pay 100% of the cost of a medical evacuation or repatriation. Medical expenses associated with an evacuation are also covered. This benefit is not subject to a deductible but does require the MedEx assistance team to coordinate the medical evacuation or repatriation.
NMET offers four different optional disability insurance plans, depending on if the employer wants a US or European style of program.
- Short Term (STD / Weekly Indemnity): Up to 60% of base weekly earnings, maximum weekly benefit of $1,500. Waiting period of 0 days for accidents and 7 days for sickness. Employers can choose between a 90-day and a 180-day benefit period.
- Temporary Total Disability (TDD): Up to 60% of base weekly earnings maximum weekly benefit of $1,500. Waiting period of 0 days for accidents and 7 days for sickness. 12 month benefit period.
- Permanent Total Disability (PTD): Up to 3X salary with a $500,000 maximum. 12 month elimination period.
- Long Term Disability (LTD): Up to 70% of monthly salary, maximum monthly benefit of $10,000. Waiting period of 90-days or 180-days.
International life insurance is one of the most difficult types of coverage to find for groups fewer than 10 lives. The problem is compounded for expatriate employees working in higher risk countries. NMET allows for up to 5X salary to a $500,000 maximum.
Global Benefits can arrange for additional life and AD&D coverage if necessary. With our experience and contact in these specialized markets, we have been successful in obtaining coverage for our clients with highly compensated expatriate employees or with employees in high risk areas of conflict.
Norfolk Mobility Benefits offers a number of unique tools and services to provide expatriate members the resources they need to be successful. By using these tools and services, members can locate quality healthcare quickly and Norfolk Mobility Benefits can arrange to pay providers directly. This allows expatriate employees and their dependents to focus on their overseas assignment.
NMB Website - Employee & Employer Access
Employees – Instant access to vital claims information, print new ID cards, download forms, search for doctors and hospitals anywhere in the world.
Employers – Identify covered employees, online enrollment service to monitor or update information, access Billing Management System, and much more.
Customer Service Contact Center
NMET members can access Norfolk Mobility Benefits 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Employing a highly trained multilingual staff means that Norfolk Mobility Benefits can assist your expatriate employee anywhere in the world under a wide variety of circumstances.
Members can contact Norfolk Mobility Benefits anytime for services such as:
- Arrangement of emergency medical evacuation
- Assistance to gain admission to a hospital
- Guarantees of payment to providers (nearly a 100% acceptance rate)
- Referrals to prescreened doctors, dentists and hospitals
- Telephonic access to medical advice and consultations
- Verification of benefits and eligibility
International Employee Assistance Program
Transitioning to a new country and culture can be difficult on expatriate employees. Norfolk Mobility Benefits has established global telephonic psychological counseling service for members. Members are allowed up to three calls to an experienced behavioral professional. These counseling services are provided by Shepell.fgi
Claims and Providers
Norfolk Mobility Benefits offers NMET members a wide range of options and tools to assist with the claims process. Many of these tools are available through a special member website. We highly recommend that members log on to the Norfolk Mobility Benefits site in order to access these tools.
NMET members can submit claims to Norfolk Mobility Benefits in virtually any language and receive reimbursement in a wide range of currencies. NMB's multilingual assistance team can help you with hospital admissions; their on-staff physicians can provide medical advice and verify benefits 24/7. Ninety percent of claims are processed within 10 business days.
We recommend that you contact Norfolk Mobility Benefits immediately if you have an emergency, require medical transportation, have an upcoming surgery or need to be hospitalized. Norfolk Mobility Benefits multilingual assistance staff is ready to assist you 24/7. Some services require NMB’s coordination in order to be covered.
Please Click Here
to review the claims procedures and to see a sample claim form.
Working with providers that bill Norfolk Mobility Benefits directly can save you time and energy collecting a reimbursement. Norfolk Mobility Benefits members have access to hundreds of thousands of providers worldwide that will submit claims directly to Norfolk Mobility Benefits. Medical care received in the U.S. can be accessed via United HealthCare's Hygeia PPO network: https://www.hygeia.net/
Norfolk Mobility Benefits Claims Centers
North and South America
Suite 1100, 940 – 6th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2P 3T1
Tel: +1 403 537-8823 Fax: +1 403 265-9425
Toll Free: 1-866-767-7959
82 rue Villeneuve
92587 Clichy Cedex, France
Tel: +33 (0) 1 44 71 50 35 Fax: +33 (0) 1 42 81 99 03
Middle East, Africa and Asia
Suite 2 Level 5 Gate Precinct, Building 4
DIFC PO Box 506537
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Tel: +971 4 365 1308 Fax: +971 4 428 9264
To be eligible for the NMET group plan, the following requirements must be met:
- All expatriate employees covered must have the same benefits, and medical coverage is mandatory.
- Rates are based on the employee demographics (age/gender)
- All NMET employer groups renew on 1 March.
- Billing is quarterly
- Coverage can be terminated by Norfolk Mobility Benefits if the group falls below three employees.
Full-time employees residing outside their country of citizenship. A limited number of key local nationals are also eligible. Residency is generally determined as physically spending at least six months a year abroad.
For 5+ groups, medical history is not a factor in determining employee eligibility.
Eligible dependents include the employee’s lawful spouse and unmarried children under age 19. Unmarried children ages 19 through 25 years are also eligible with proof of being a full-time student. Dependents who reside in the U.S. are eligible, provided that the expatriate employee resides outside the U.S.
If you have a group who may qualify for the NMET plan, please click on the Quote tab and download and Request for Quote form to be forwarded to Global Benefits, or contact us directly. We will work with you to determine whether the Global Health Advantage program is the right fit for your international employees.
How Global Benefits Provides Quotes
Global Benefits uses a four-part process to provide clients with a proposal and secure coverage: evaluation, research, recommendation and implementation.
- Evaluation – We will review your organization’s international insurance needs, weigh your short-term goals, long-term business objectives and review budgetary requirements.
- Research – We assess which carriers can deliver products that best fit your organization's needs. To begin this step, we require an RFQ (Request for Quote). This will provide us the necessary information to communicate with carriers and identify appropriate solutions.
- Recommendation – Finally, we present to you the best solution or solutions that will meet your goals and review them with you.
- Implementation – We then manage all aspects of the plan's implementation and provide ongoing servicing, which includes:
- Communication of benefits to eligible employees
- Delivery of policy materials and ID cards
- Direction on how to use online tools
Download the Request for Quote Form
If you have already spoken with a Global Benefits representative and wish to complete an proposal request, or would like to provide the proposal request first before discussing your needs, please download and complete the RFQ form below. A Global Benefits representative will follow up with you once it is received.
Please email or fax the proposal request to our office:
Email – info@GlobalBRI.com
Fax – 317 328 4640
Contact Global Benefits
If you would like our assistance in solving your international employee benefits needs, please contact us. We’re here to answer questions and guide you through the process.
How to reach Global Benefits
U.S. Toll Free: 888 258 6820 ext. 177
International: +0 11 317 735 4077